David Beckham’s camp has dismissed claims he will consider a move to West Ham.
Hammers co-owner David Gold said on Thursday that talks had been held with the 35-year-old’s agent about a move from Los Angeles Galaxy.
But a spokesman for Beckham insists there have been no negotiations and that the former England captain has no interest in quitting the United States.
The spokesman said: “Whilst it’s flattering to hear of interest there has been no contact with or offer from West Ham.
“David is happy at Los Angeles Galaxy and has no interest in leaving, and is looking forward to returning to the team on August 9.”
Beckham has been sidelined since before the World Cup having ruptured his Achilles tendon while on loan at AC Milan.